Clinical Trial Protocol Registry
ESP Study: A Study to Assess the Effect of Adding Fuzeon (Enfuvirtide) to an Antiretroviral Regimen in Fuzeon-Naive Patients With Sustained HIV Viral Suppression.
- Protocol number:
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Company division:
- Official Scientific Title:
- A randomized, open label study to determine the immunological benefits of adding Fuzeon to an antiretroviral regimen in HIV-infected Fuzeon-naïve patients with sustained HIV viral suppression
- Brief summary:
- This 2 arm study will assess the immunological benefits of adding Fuzeon to an antiretroviral regimen in HIV-infected, Fuzeon-naive patients with a CD4 cell count <250 cells/mm3 and an HIV RNA viral load <400 copies/mL. Eligible patients will be randomized to receive Fuzeon 90mg bid sc in addition to their current antiretroviral therapy, or to continue their current antiretroviral therapy alone. The anticipated time on study treatment is 3-12 months, and the target sample size is <100 individuals. Target sample size is 40.
- Study phase:
- Study type:
- Interventional; Treatment; Randomized; Open Label; Active; Parallel; Safety/efficacy study
- HIV Infections
- Intervention type:
- Intervention name:
- enfuvirtide [Fuzeon]
- Primary outcome:
- Mean change in CD4 cell count from baseline Time frame: Week 24
- Key secondary outcomes:
- Change in HIV RNA from baseline Time frame: Week 24
- Change in HIV RNA and CD4 cell count Time frame: Weeks 24-48
- Correlation between CD4 count and HIV RNA; OIs; QoL; ADEs; SAEs. Time frame: Throughout study
- Inclusion criteria:
- adult patients, >=18 years of age;
- documented chronic HIV infection;
- currently receiving a stable antiretroviral regimen;
- CD4 cell count <250 cells/mm3;
- HIV RNA viral load <400 copies/mL for >12 months.
- Exclusion criteria:
- prior exposure to Fuzeon;
- prior non-adherence to antiretroviral treatment regimens;
- active opportunistic infection;
- currently taking, or anticipated to take during the study, any immunomodulator.
- Males or Females
- Age limits:
- Min: 18 years Max: N/A (No limit)
- Accepts healthy volunteers:
- Trial registration date:
- Date last updated:
- SOUTH YARRA
For more information on a specific Roche trials in your country location, please contact your local Roche affiliate nearest you.
- Go on the URL link- http://www.roche.com and click on the Roche Worldwide tab on the top of the page to locate the country nearest you for contact information.
Treatment decisions and/or suitability for a specific trial are decisions only your healthcare provider can make. If you are patient interested in any of the global studies, please have your healthcare provider contact us and they will be provided with the relevant clinical trial information.
For US or global trials with US sites only, please contact the Trial Information Support Line (TISL)
- 1-888-662-6728 Monday to Friday (6am to 3pm PST)